Sunday, February 26, 2012

Morning Update: My Canned Tomatoes

The first thing I did this morning was check my canned tomatoes from last night. You will need to check your cans several hours later after they have completely cooled and make sure that they have sealed themselves.

Beautiful!
I had 6 quart jars seal and 2 that did not. Don't worry, you can't guarantee that this canning process is going to work. The easiest thing to do is open the jars and put the tomatoes in freezer bags. They will keep just as well in the freezer, I just think they are not as pretty.

For now, I put the 2 jars in the refrigerator until I can get some freezer safe bags. Also, BEWARE, the quart jar contents will not fit in a quart freezer bag. You will have to split it up or use a bigger bag.

Have a beautiful Sunday and happy canning!

Karey

No comments:

Post a Comment